Terms & Conditions for booking, hiring and cancelling a campervan from Camperversions Ltd
Camperversions Ltd (hereafter “The Lessor”) herby agrees to rent to the person named in the campervan hire checkout process on the website www.camperversions.co.uk/vehicles-for-hire (hereafter “The Renter”) The Vehicle described in the checkout process and confirmed in the booking confirmation email (hereafter “The Vehicle”) subject to all the terms and conditions contained herein. By completing the checkout for a booking on this website, The Renter is entering into a contract with The Lessor and The Renter acknowledges and it is agreed:
- The Renter can meet the following eligibility criteria upon collection of The Vehicle:
1.1 – They are over the age of 25.
1.2 – Have a full UK licence – with no more than 6 points.
1.3 – Have held a full UK licence for more than 2 years.
1.4 – Have never had any license suspended.
1.5 – Have had no accidents within the last 3 years.
1.6 – Are able to produce DVLA license code check on collection.
1.7 – Are able to produce 2 x recent utility bills matching license, no more than 60 days old on collection.
1.8 – Will pay a £600 card-only damage deposit payable on collection, and that the card is in the name of The Renter.
- The Renter agrees that no smoking of any kind is permitted inside The Vehicle, or any flame or auxhillary heat source be used, except the installed products. This includes, but is not limited to, candles, matches, incense burners, insect repellents.
- The Renter can collect The Vehicle from 2pm until 3pm on the collection date of their booking, and must return it to the agreed return location, which is the same location as collection, before 10am on the return date of their booking. The Renter agrees to the pay the lesser if for any reason this is not followed, as per the “Cancellations & Refunds/Charges” section below.
- The Renter will return The Vehicle, together with all tyres, tools, car documents, accessories and equipment, to the agreed return location, which is the same location as collection, on the date specified in their booking confirmation, unless The Renter requests and The Lessor agrees to an extension, subject to agreed further cost.
- The Renter will receive The Vehicle in good order and condition and is liable for the cost of all fuel consumed during rental and, if any damage is inflicted to The Vehicle, the restoration to the same good order and condition it was collected in where The Lessor feels warranted.
- That The Vehicle shall not be operated:
6.1 – To transport goods of an explosive, dangerous or hazardous nature;
6.2 – To transport goods in violation of Customs regulations or in any other illegal manner;
6.3 – To carry passengers or property for a consideration express or implied;
6.4 – To propel or tow any vehicle or trailer without the consent of The Lessor;
6.5 – In motor sport events (including racing, pacemaking, rallying, reliability trials and speed testing);
6.6 – By any person driving when unfit through drink or drugs or with blood alcohol concentration above the limit prescribed by the Road Traffic Acts;
6.7 – By any person other than:
6.7.1 – The Renter; or
6.7.2 – In the case of breakdown or accident, a motor vehicle repairer provided that he is duly qualified and licensed;
- The Renter will not take The Vehicle outside of mainland United Kingdom without the express agreement of The Lessor. For the avoidance of doubt, if The Vehicle is transported on any Ferry or Train of any kind, this will be deemed to have been taken outside of mainland United Kingdom.
- The Renter is personally liable to pay The Lessor on demand:
8.1 – If, within the hire period, the mileage exceeds 600 miles, a mileage charge computed at the rate specified in the “Cancellations & Refunds/Charges” section below will be charged for the mileage covered by The Vehicle until The Vehicle is returned (the number of miles over which The Vehicle is operated shall be determined by reading the odometer installed by the manufacturer; if odometer fails the mileage will be taken from the tracking device data installed on The Vehicle);
8.2 – Late, and miscellaneous charges at the rates specified in the “Cancellations & Refunds/Charges” section below;
8.3 – The additional fee for one-way rental service, if any, or, if The Vehicle is left elsewhere other than at the agreed return location without The Lessor’s written consent a fee of £25 for the first 5 miles plus £1 per mile thereafter both ways will be levied.
8.4 – All fines and court costs for parking, traffic or other legal violations assessed against The Vehicle, The Renter, other driver or The Lessor until The Vehicle is returned, except where caused through fault of The Lessor;
8.5 – The Lessor’s cost, including reasonable legal fees where permitted by law, incurred collecting payments due from The Renter hereunder; and
8.6 – The Lessor’s costs for repair after a collision or upset damages to The Vehicle, provided, however, if The Vehicle is operated in accordance with all the terms hereof, The Renter’s liability for such damage with the exception of damage to the maximum referred to below caused to The Vehicle due to striking overhead or low structures which shall at all times remain at the liability of The Renter:
8.6.1 – Shall not exceed the maximum damage liability which currently is the security deposit value.
8.7 – Value Added Tax and all other taxes (if any) payable on the aforesaid items.
- The Renter shall not be liable for non-collision losses to The Vehicle caused by perils normally protected against by a comprehensive accident damage insurance policy.
- That The Renter participate as an insured under an automobile insurance policy, a copy of which is available for inspection by Renter at the headquarters office of The Lessor. The Renter is bound by and agrees to the terms and conditions thereof. The Renter agrees further to protect the interests of The Lessor and its insurance company in case of accident by:
10.1 – Obtaining names and addresses of parties involved, and of witnesses;
10.2 – Not admitting liability or guilt or giving money to any persons involved;
10.3 – Not abandoning The Vehicle without adequate provision for safeguarding and securing the same;
10.4 – Calling Camperversions Ltd within 12 hours by telephone (leaving voicemail message if not answered) even in case of slight damage; further completing The Lessor’s accident report, including diagram as required on return of The Vehicle and;
10.5 – Notifying the police immediately if another party’s guilt has to be ascertained, or if any person is injured.
10.6 – In the event of the insurers withholding or refusing indemnity, indemnity The Lessor in respect of any loss or damage to The Vehicle and all claims from third parties which may arise;
10.7 – If any claim is made against the insurers, allow The Lessor to conduct any negotiations and effect any settlement with insurers and agree to abide by any settlement or arrangement with the insurers by The Lessor. Any monies payable by the insurers shall be paid to The Lessor or as The Lessor shall direct.
10.8 – Be liable to compensate for any loss of use claim or other damage suffered by The Lessor.
- The Vehicle you are renting may be fitted with a tracking device and the information recorded may be used by The Lessor or passed to the authorities upon their request.
- That The Renter hereby releases and indemnifies The Lessor from and against any liability for loss or for damage to any property (including costs relating thereto) left, stored or transported by The Renter or any other person in or upon The Vehicle before or after return of The Vehicle to The Lessor.
- That The Lessor, whilst taking all precautions and using its best efforts to prevent such happening shall not be liable for any loss or damage arising from any fault or defect in or from mechanical failure of The Vehicle of any consequential loss or damage. The Renter shall always lock The Vehicle when not in use.
- In the event of any breach by The Renter of any of the terms and conditions hereof, The Lessor may without notice repossess The Vehicle and for such purpose may enter upon premises where The Vehicle may be and remove the same and The Renter shall be responsible for and indemnify The Lessor against all actions, claims, costs and damages consequent upon or arising from such repossession and removal.
- The Renter understands that some components or equipment for the campervan has weather limitations. If these components or equipment are damaged or cause damage to The Vehicle because they have been used in weather not suitable for their use, The Renter will be liable for all costs to make good the damage or replace damaged items.
- The Renter understands that damage to The Vehicle caused by striking overhead or low structures will be charged at the full cost to repair – beyond the security deposit value.
- Any addition or alteration to these terms and conditions shall be null and void unless agreed upon in writing by all parties.
- The Renter agrees that the data taken at the checkout may be stored, processed and transmitted electronically by The Lessor.
- That this agreement be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England.
- The Renter shall be liable as owner under the Road Traffic Act 1984 in respect of:
20.1 – Any of the following offences which may be committed with respect to The Vehicle when it is stationary and when a fixed penalty notice is issued being on a road during the hours of darkness without lights or reflectors required by law; waiting or being left or parked, or being loaded or unloaded, in a road; being used or kept on a public road without The Vehicle licence being exhibited on The Vehicle in the prescribed manner; and the non-payment of the charge made at a street parking place; and
20.2 – Any excess charges which may be incurred in pursuance of an order under sections 35 and 36 of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1967 (provision on highways of parking places where charges are made).
- Should The Renter leave property or motor vehicle on premises whether it be their property or motor vehicle or under their custody or control of their property or motor vehicle will be left or parked at The Renter’s Risk.
- By entering into this rental agreement you agree that we can process and store your personal information in connection with this agreement. We will use your information to analyse statistics, for market research, credit control and to protect our assets.
- The Renter agrees that if The Renter, or any person in control or possession of The Vehicle whilst on hire with The Renter, breaks the terms of this agreement we can pass any personal information to credit-reference agencies, debt collectors, the police or any other relevant organisation. The Lessor can also give this information to the British Vehicle Rental Leasing Association (BVRLA), which can share your personal information with its members to prevent crime and protect its assets, as allowed under the Data Protection Act 1998.
Cancellations & Refunds/Charges
- If for any reason The Lessor cancels the booking due to unforeseen circumstances, The Renter will be offered a 100% refund. The Renter agrees that The Lessor cannot be held responsible for monies paid to third parties for other booking or activities, including but not limited to monies paid to campsites for bookings with the intention of staying at said campsite with The Vehicle.
- If for any reason The Renter cancels the booking, the following refunds will be given.
25.1 – 75% refund will be offered where bookings are cancelled 14 days or more prior to your collection date
25.2 – 50% refund will be offered where bookings are cancelled between 7 and 13 days prior to your collection date.
25.3 – 25% refund will be offered where bookings are cancelled between 6 days or less prior to your collection date.
- After collection, no refunds will be offered, even if The Vehicle is returned earlier than the return date.
- If The Renter does not meet, or cannot prove all of the eligibility criteria upon collection of The Vehicle as set out in these terms and conditions, this will be deemed as the The Renter cancelling the booking, and the above refund structure will apply (item 24).
- Security deposits will be refunded in full as long as The Vehicle is returned on time with a full tank of fuel, with no new damage to The Vehicle or its tyres, tools, car documents, accessories and equipment, and with all tyres, tools, car documents, accessories and equipment present and correct.
- The Renter agrees that the security deposit can be used to deduct any charge or cost which is incurred during the hiring of The Vehicle.
- The Renter agrees that a full days hire at the rate of which the booking reflects will be charged for late returns, but please be aware that more importantly, someone else’s holiday will be delayed if you are late back.
- The Renter also agrees to pay The Lesser £200 per 24hours after the booking return time if the Vehicle is not returned at the return time.
- If the mileage travelled by The Vehicle for the hire period of up to 7 days is greater than 800 miles, The Renter agrees to pay The Lesser £0.75p per mile. If the booking period is longer than 7 days, the mileage allowance will be adjusted accordingly. For example, if the vehicle hire period is for 2 weeks, the mileage allowance shall be doubled to 1600 miles.
- As item 8.6, The Renter agrees to pay the Lesser for any damage of any kind, to be put right to a good standard with a vehicle bodyshop or using vehicle technicians of The Lesser’s choosing.
- The Renter agrees to pay the Lesser for any missing or damaged equipment of any kind.
- The Vehicle will be provided to The Renter with a full tank of fuel. If The Vehicle is returned without a full tank, the outstanding amount of fuel will be estimated and charged at the cost of purchasing said fuel at the closest fuel station, with an additional £20 charge.
- The Renter agrees to pay the Lesser for smoke or smoking damage incurred inside The Vehicle during the hire period caused by anyone during The Renters hire period, a charge of £200.